Elections have come and gone. But the people’s aspirations remain unrealized: we are still a country of deep poverty and exploitation. We remain victims of a rotten system lorded over by exploitative local and foreign elites. But there is hope; it is in us, the people. It is in our unity and collective action. It is in our strength and determination to overcome obstacles. It is the hope that unites us in Makabayang Koalisyon ng Mamamayan. We are a coalition with a definitive vision for change. A coalition that advances the aspirations, triumphs, and potential of the people’s parties. A coalition that promotes nationalism, democracy, and the rights and welfare of the people at all times. (Download Full Platform)
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR PLATFORM
- Power to the people We advocate empowering the people as key in changing governance and society. We will fight foreign and elite control until we can establish a government that is truly representative of the people.
- Fight for good governance We will fight for an honest and excellent public service that is accountable to the people. We will prosecute corrupt officials and put an end to cheating, stealing and lying in the government .
- Develop a pro-Filipino economy We will develop a pro-Filipino and pro-people economy, We will terminate unjust impositions by the US, IMF, WB, and WTO. We will pursue a program for genuine agrarian reform and cooperativization, modernization of agriculture, and industrialization.
- Lift the majority of the people from poverty We will prioritize giving adequate work and decent wages to the workers, free land and subsidy to the farmers, provide food security, as well as greter access to social services such as education, health, housing, utilities and other needs.
- Protect the environment We will protect the forests, seas, and bodies of water against massive exploitation and destruction especially by large commercial interests. We will address the problem of climate change and develop the use of clean and renewable energy.
- Build fair foreign relations We will build new foreign relations based on respect for national sovereignty and mutual benefit. We will abrogate unequal agreements with the US, Japan and other nations. We will protect the rights and welfare of Filipino migrants abroad.
- Defend democratic and human rights We will defend human rights. We will put a stop to the political repression of activists, journalists and critics of government and prosecute the perpetrators. We will uphold the right to self-determination of the BangsaMoro and indigenous peoples.
- Promote nationalist and progressive culture We will promote patriotic, pro-people, pro-environment, scientific, and progressive education and culture. We will advance a national language and enrich our diverse cultures. We will renounce colonial, corrupt, and decadent culture.
- Uphold women’s rights and gender equality We will fight for gender equality and rights of women in all levels of governance and livelihood in society. We will fight all forms of exploitation, discrimination and violence against women, gays and lesbians.
- Advance the peace process We will advance the peace negotiations and the implementation of agreements between the government and the National Democratic Front and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front. We will seek for all sides to decisively address and resolve the root causes of armed conflict.
- OFWs to BS Aquino: DAPat Managot! Filipinos around the world want BS Aquino out
- Youth groups file impeach raps vs. ‘Thief Executive’
- Group asks, were DAP funds sourced from OWWA “savings”?
- As campus journos mark Campus Press Freedom Week, youth rep renews call for passage of bill amending Campus Journalism Act of 1991
- Emergency powers? How about no