Makabayan endorses Alan Cayetano and Jamby Madrigal
Makabayang Koalisyon ng Mamamayan (Makabayan) announces today the adoption of Alan Peter Cayetano and Jamby Madrigal as its additional guest senatorial candidates.
“We are endorsing Cayetano and Madrigal based on our unities with them on people's issues. Like our other six candidates, Cayetano and Madrigal champion several people’s issues and advocacies which we deem important to the life of our nation,” said Satur Ocampo, president of Makabayan coalition.
Cayetano and Madrigal joined the six senatorial candidates Makabayan proclaimed November last year, namely Teddy Casiño, the coalition's lone official candidate and guest candidates Chiz Escudero, Loren Legarda, Koko Pimentel, Grace Poe, and Cynthia Villar.
Ocampo recalled that Cayetano and Madrigal were consistent allies of progressive lawmakers and activist groups in the fight against the illegitimate, corrupt and oppressive regime of Pres. Gloria Macapagal – Arroyo.
Cayetano’s political involvement began when he was a student leader in the University of the Philippines in the early 1980s. His advocacy is focused on “presyo, trabaho at kita”, specifically for the lowering of prices of basic commodities, generating jobs and increasing people’s income.
Madrigal is a staunch advocate of peace talks, human rights, economic nationalism and the protection of the environment. She stood against Japan-Philippines Economic Partnership Agreement (JPEPA) and destructive foreign mining operations.
Makabayan coalition is composed of 12 progressive parties - Bayan Muna, Anakpawis, Gabriela, Kabataan, Act Teachers, Katribu, Akap Bata, Migrante, Piston, Kalikasan, COURAGE and Aking Bikolnon.###
- ANAKPAWIS FILES HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 908 ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SOCIAL AMELIORATION PROGRAM FOR SUGAR WORKERS AND ACCOUNTING OF ITS FUND
- ANAKPAWIS FILES HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 907 ON CONTINUING EXPLOITATION OF SAKADAS FROM MINDANAO IN HACIENDA LUISITA
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 906 ON SYSTEMATIC MILITARIZATION AND WIDESPREAD HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS IN MINDANAO
- Pahayag ng Pakikiisa at Suporta ng Anakpawis Party-list sa Kampanyang Occupy Bulacan
- Filipino youth will continue to resist Duterte’s repeated martial law threats